Friday 20 February 2009

What is your favourite colour combination?

Yes - it's another pink birthday card today, a combination of Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose and Rose Red. Pink's a favourite with me so I'm afraid that you'll just have to get used to it and if you don't like it then at least it's easy enough to substitute your own favourite colour combination.

What is your favourite colour combination? Please leave me a comment to let me know and over the coming weeks I'll incorporate your suggestions into my cardmaking.

Anyhow - onto the recipe. I started with Rose Red as my card blank and stamped the flower trio from the True Friend stamp set in Rose Red ink along the edges of the card as shown. Using markers direct to the stamp I inked up the stemmed flower from the same set and stamped onto Whisper White card. This was matted onto Regal Rose and the edges of the mat were swiped with Rose Red ink. The matted flower was stuck to the card with dimensionals. I next punched an aperture in the bottom right hand corner of the card using my 1-1/4" circle punch. Using the scallop circle punch I punched a flower of Regal Rose card and created the same aperture in the same way in the centre. I paper pierced the flower with my Crafters Toolkit and stuck it to the aperture on the card. Inside I added an insert of Pretty in Pink (light enough to write on easily) with the corners rounded with the corner rounder punch. Finally I stamped the Birthday Wishes sentiment from the Circle of Friendship stamp set in Rose Red ink onto Whisper White card, punched it out with the 1" circle punch and stuck it with a dimensional through the aperture onto the inside of the card.

Looking forward to hearing your favourite colour combos.

Sara xx

5 comments:

Sew This N That said...

Beautiful card Sara, very striking colour but love the design :0)
My all time favourite colour is pink but I mainly use alot of white.
I have an award for you over on my blog :0)
**Hugs** Heather x

margaret said...

Lovely card Sara, I love lots of colours and its so hard to decide which is my favourite. Think it it is cream I use most so must be that one. lol xx

Kate Lewis said...

Gorgeous card Sara, love the aperture and the stamping on the card base - really lovely! As for favourite colours mine change all the time! Kate x

Amber said...

Very lovely, my fav colour combos are tempting turquoise and lovely lilac and taken with teal and cameo colours.

Fiona said...

Lovely cards Sara - must admit I'm not a pink kind of girl - my favourite colours are Old Olive and Ruby Red - and i also like the plums - Perfect Plum, Pale Plum and Elegant Eggplant.