Thursday 5 February 2009

A flowery thank you card to fulfil a colour challenge

I'm home working again due to the snow and so I've been able to use my lunch hour to play at Kristina Werner's Colour Challenge - well at least some good has come of the bad weather, heehee. Kristina's colours this week are these.I decided to start with the More Mustard as my base cardstock. Using the 5 petal flower stamp from the Polka Dot Punches stamp set (click here to found out how to get it for free) I stamped in Old Olive ink onto Old Olive card 5 times. I stamped 3 times in Taken with Teal ink onto Whisper White card and twice with Versamark and white embossing powder onto Taken with Teal card. All flowers and leaves were punched out with the 5 petal punch. The flowers were attached to the leaves with a More Mustard brad through the centre. 

Using the Thank U sentiment from the True Friend stamp set I stamped once onto Taken with Teal card with Versamark and white embossing powder and once with More Mustard ink onto So Saffron card, using the Stamp-a-ma-jig to centre the image. The corners and the area under the Thank U were paper pierced and the So Saffron card was matted onto the card blank. The white flowers were stuck flat to the card and the teal flowers were raised on dimensionals . I cut the U from the teal card and attached half a dimensional to each stem before positioning it over the mustard Thank U. 

Well we had another 3-4" of snow this morning and here's the view out of the back window. Pretty ain't it? This is about as tidy as my garden is going to look all year *grinning*.

Keep warm and safe.

Sara xx

18 comments:

Fiona said...

Its gorgeous Sara - oh no I feel another punch order coming on.

Andrea said...

Sara, eine sehr schoene Karte. Danke fuer Deinen Kommentar. Dein Deutsch ist gut. Mein Englisch ist schlecht. ;-)

Gabby said...

I love the flowers and the "U" is beautimous!

Liz Goldhawk said...

so pretty! I love the green layered behind the flowers!

Anonymous said...

I liked looking at your card more than that snow...looks like here :( I am so over winter LOL!! Your card makes my spirits soar!

Yaneri said...

Oh! i really like those flowers! They just simply pop off the card! Nicely done!
This is my 1st CC for me!

Tracey Old said...

well done with card, love all the paper piercing and the layering of the flowers.

Heather P. said...

So pretty!

Jenyfur said...

Oh wow. WOW! Awesome design, terrific card.

Hayley said...

Stunning card Sara - layering the green behind is so effective. An idea I may have to case! (if you don't mind)

Sara said...

Don't mind at all Hayley. It was your lovely Night of Navy card that inspired me to create the arch. I certainly don't mind people copying elements of a card. It's nice to be a springboard for new ideas. Sara xx

Shawntel said...

I love the dimention on your card! Your flowers are super cute! Great Job!

Winter said...

Great job!! This is so cute!! Love the flowers.

Unknown said...

Fabulous card Sara!

Holly Jones said...

Nice Job!

Kate Lewis said...

fabulous Sara! I love the layout and your piercing is awesome!!! kate xx

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful. You've done a great job.

Amber said...

OMG, that is one gorgeous creation.