Wednesday 4 February 2009

A pink gift bag to match the 60th birthday card

Today I thought I'd show you the gift bag that I made to go with the 60th birthday card. I love to make cards and gift bags or boxes that match and as Stampin' Up! groups its products by colour families that's just so easy to do. 

I used the box in a bag template again from over on Splitcoaststampers. Click here to see their tutorial.

I used the Rose Red cardstock for the box, the trim and the handles. The main paper is the same one from the Sweet Always collection that I used for matting and paper ribboning on the card. The White Signo gel pen provided the faux stitching on the trim and handles.

I punched three of the largest Boho Blossoms from Rose Red card and three of the smallest from Regal Rose.  The Ruby Red brads from the Earth Elements collection were used on the centre of each 
flower and they were attached to the bag with dimensionals. The tag was stamped with the flower from True Friend in the same way as for the front of the card and I hand trimmed it to a tag shape and coloured all the edges lightly with Rose Red ink. I filled the bag with choccies (not SU! - wish they did make 'em) and tied it shut with Whisper White ribbon. 


Here's a pic of the full set including the envelope that I also stamped in Regal Rose ink using the round flower from the True Friend stamp set. You see how well the colours fit together?

By the way we still have plenty of snow around here. If it's still the same tomorrow I'll show you the pretty view out of the back window...

Keep warm.

Sara xx


1 comment:

Ann Wills said...

Hi Sara, these are lovely. There is an award for you on my blog.
http://craftysquirrel.blogspot.com/