Sunday 8 February 2009

Ladybird, ladybird, fly away home

This card is one that I made for a sketch challenge over on Splitcoaststampers here. I'm not quite happy with it as the balance seems off somehow but sometimes you just have to have a go and see what you end up with.

One part of the challenge was the little "spot" near the bottom of the card. This could be filled or left empty (but that's chickening out right?). Now I virtually always use some sort of flower for filling such a spot so I wanted to challenge myself to do something different and felt that the ladybird from the Garden Whimsy stamp set was about the right size for this. I coloured direct to stamp with markers and stamped on Whisper White card. The base card was Certainly Celery and I layered and matted this with Old Olive Card and Patterns Designer Series Papers. The large flower from True Friend was stamped in both Only Orange and Summer Sun inks onto Whisper White card. The orange flower was corner punched and matted onto Only Orange Card, also corner punched. The yellow flower was trimmed to the centre and raised on a dimensional on top of the orange. The ladybird was also added on a dimensional.

Keep Stampin'

Sara xx

1 comment:

Carolynne H said...

Sara, Im afraid I have another award for you honey! Your blog is great and I love your projects...

You can collect it at www.carolynnescraftybusiness.blogspot.com

Carolynne H xx