Thursday 12 February 2009

A positive negative polka dot heart combination

Today's card is another one for Kristina Werner's colour challenge. Colours this week are these:


Please excuse the quality of the photography. I didn't get home early enough to make the card and photograph it in natural light which I prefer to do. I may reshoot it tomorrow and update the photo. 


We don't have Riding Hood Red in the UK and so I went with Rose Red as a close match. Using the heart from the Polka Dot Punches set, I stamped with Versamark twice onto Whisper White card and twice onto Basic Black. I added white embossing powder to the black card and black embossing powder to the white card and applied the heat tool. The four hearts were matted onto Rose Red card. This was paper pierced and faux stitching added. These layers were then stuck onto a card blank made from Basic Gray cardstock. Using the dinky With Love sentiment from the Yummy set, I stamped again with Versamark onto Whisper White card and embossed with black powder. I trimmed this to a tag shape and attached it to the front of the card with a fancy brad from the Hodgepodge kit.

Thanks for stopping by.

Sara xx

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice Sara gonna have to get this set too!

Alex said...

Love the card Sara! Love this SAB stamp set too :)

Thanks for sharing.

Alex x

Unknown said...

Great card, the embossing looks stunning.

Erin said...

Very cute it almost looks like something from Alice in Wonderland! Painting the white roses red and all

Unknown said...

Wow! Fabulous card! I love those hearts.

Hayley said...

Gorgeous card Sara - off to case this one.
x

Sew This N That said...

Oh this looks so stylish, Sara, I can't wait to get my hands on this set :0)
**Hugs** Heather x

Kate Lewis said...

Sara, this is STUNNING!! So stylish, love it!! Thanks for the inspiration! Kate x

AuroraDawn said...

I love it, going to have to 'lift' this one.

ADxxx