Friday 6 February 2009

Gable gift box with space to write a message on the front

Yippee! Play day today. I got so fed up of all this snow even though I was working from home and so I booked today as holiday. I had a lie-in this morning (bliss), then got a large mug of tea and spent a few hours blog-hopping loads of other great sites. A sweet friend sent me an award last week that I haven't done anything about yet but I promise I will do later as I've got some ideas now for passing it on. Finally, after lunch I got into some crafting *smiles*.

I figured that as the deadline isn't until tomorrow I'd have another go at Kristina Werner's Colour Challenge. Here are the colours again.

Given the chance to play twice, I decided to go in a different direction (same colours though of course) and opted to create a gable gift box. 

I started this time with the Taken with Teal as the base cardstock and cut the box from this. I trimmed a piece of Whisper White card to fit the front, matting it onto 
More Mustard card for contrast. Using the fern from the Organic Grace stamp set (a Level 1 Hostess gift) and Old Olive ink I stamped it three times direct to the card. I then stamped the flower from the same set 3 times onto scraps of Whisper White card, inking the stamp with So Saffron ink and then using my More Mustard marker direct to the stamp in the centre. 

The flowers were cut out and added with dimensionals (two dimensionals layered up on the centre flower give it extra height/depth).  I purposely left the top right hand corner of the image blank so that a handwritten message can be added when the gift is given. The top of the gift box is secured with a tab punched from More Mustard card, folded over and secured with a Hodgepodge brad.

Thanks for all your comments on yesterday's card.

Keep Stampin'

Sara xx

7 comments:

Hayley said...

Stunning gift box - love the layers

Savitri said...

Great box! The flowers are just adorable down there!

Anonymous said...

Very cute box! What a great idea! TFS!

Kate Lewis said...

What a great idea - love the way you've used that set, inspired me to use it! K x

Unknown said...

Wow! Sara, this is just gorgeous! I love those flowers.

Winter said...

This is so cute! Love the flowers!

margaret said...

Great box Sara love the colours and the little flowers. xx