Wednesday 18 February 2009

Bright and breezy get well card using free stamp set

I'm loving the Polka Dot Punches set and I'm going to be so sorry when February ends and my new customers won't be able to get them. 

For this bright and cheerful get well card (for my friend Heather who's suffering poor lamb - hope you're feeling better soon) I started with Only Orange as my card blank and cut an aperture in the centre. Using my Paper Cutter I scored borders around the outside of the card and around the aperture. I lined the inside back of the card with Whisper White (I think - but it could have been Very Vanilla) and placed a piece of paper from the Haiku Designer Series cut slightly larger than the aperture in the centre. Using Pumpkin Pie ink I stamped the Get Well Wishes sentiment from the Fun and Fast Notes set onto Whisper White/Very 
Vanilla and positioned this dead centre. The leaves are Garden Green ink stamped onto Green Galore card and the flowers are Pumpkin Pie ink stamped onto Yoyo Yellow card. All stamped with the 5 petal flower stamp from the Polka Dot Punches set and punched with the 5 petal punch. The flower centres are More Mustard brads from the Earth Elements collection. The technique for these flowers was covered here.

If you'd like to get your hands on this stamp set before it's too late (free with any £45 catalogue spend plus postage) then email me at sarastamper123@gmail.com.

Thanks for stopping by.

Sara xx

3 comments:

Kate Lewis said...

Gorgeous Sara, gorgeous cheerful colour scheme - a real pick-me-up! Oh and I just love these flowers! Hugs Kate x

Sew This N That said...

oooohhhh that beautiful card looks familiar! Oh there it is on my mantlepiece looking at me :0)
I love the card that you made for me my friend :0)
I can't wait until I am well enough to play with the stamps, at the minute I keep coughing and messing up my work!
**Hugs** Heather x

Alex said...

Lovely card Sara. I've just bought the punch to match this card too :)

Thanks for sharing.

Alex x