Thursday 21 January 2010

A ribbon and rose card and news of Sunday's blog hop


A quick post before I set off travelling back home today. I'll be glad to get back to DH, Bess and all my crafting stash - I'm having serious withdrawal symptoms, had to buy a craft mag yesterday just to get me by, lol.

I only realised a day or so ago that I never got round to sharing the other card that I made for my entry to the ILWS Design Team. The first one was the wedding anniversary card shown here, that was created to fit the challenge of embossing. The second challenge I opted for, was to use five ribbons on a card, they could be all the same or all different. I decided to keep some of them the same so as not to make the card too busy.


Recipe
Stamp sets: A Rose is a Rose, Fresh Cuts (sentiment)
Cardstock: Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White
DSP: Tea Party
Ink: Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery, Old Olive, Always Artichoke
Narrow Grosgrain Ribbon: Certainly Celery
Wide Grosgrain Ribbon: Old Olive
Other: Hodge Podge

The roses and leaves were stamped onto Whisper White in co-ordinating colours using my stamp-a-ma-jig to get them aligned. They were then cut out and popped up on dimensionals on the Tea Party DSP. The ribbons were layered up with a Hodgepodge sentiment at the bottom and a lush bow at the top for balance.

Not sure whether you noticed the news on the top right hand side menu but some crafting pals and I are having a blog hop this Sunday especially to showcase all the Sale-a-bration stamps for you. There'll be plenty of inspiration for how to get the most from these free, limited edition stamp sets, so make a note to set aside some "me" time and come back for a good browse.

Off to get my train now.

Sara xx

3 comments:

Jan Jones said...

Absolutely beautiful!

These colours are gorgeous.
Jan
X

Alex said...

Beautiful! Love this card - great layout and colours Sara.

Have a good weekend.

Alex x

Amber said...

Hot card