Saturday 9 January 2010

Happy Moments for me indeed this weekend


Happy Moments is one of the new Sale-a-bration stamp sets that you can get free, see here for details. I'm expecting lots of Happy Moments this weekend - you see I finally got my hands on the bumper order I put in just before new year. The UPS delivery had been rescheduled several times due to the snow and so yesterday we made a special effort and got out and went to collect from them - I just couldn't wait any longer. Now I've lots of new goodies to play with, including all four of the Sale-a-bration sets.

In one of my Happy Moments this morning, I popped over to the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge to have a go at the sketch challenge they've set for this week:


I inked up one of my new sets and created this:

Recipe
Stamp set: Happy Moments (free SAB set)
Cardstock: Pretty in Pink, Cameo Coral, Whisper White
DSP: Pink Flamingo
Ink: Cameo Coral, SU Markers
Punches: Scallop Oval, Large Oval, Boho Blossoms
Other: Soft Subtles Brads
Non-SU: Die-cut ovals

I stamped the cake, stamped it again onto a Post-it and masked the original. Then selectively inked the top two parcels of the three and stamped them on either side of the cahe before removing the mask. The flowers are the largest and smallest of the Boho Blossoms, snipped between each petal and shaped for dimension.

Off to play again now, I don't care about the snow anymore now I've got my toys.

Have a great weekend.

Sara xx

8 comments:

Victoria said...

fab creation how exciting to get your goodies! Love the little flowers

Victoria
x

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Beautiful

Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x

Elizabeth said...

Wow Sara - lovely. We have both been playing today. I adore what you have done with Happy Moments.

Mel X said...

Hi Sara, great job with the sketch. Love the image and coloured beautifully to match the papers! Enjoy playing with your new toys!

Thanks for joining us at SCSC this week!

Mel X

Janet said...

Fabulous card....love the stamp!x

Lesley said...

I love your pretty card. The flowers are perfect, the way you snipped them is such a great idea! This stamp set is calling my name...

Lesley :)

Alex said...

These creations are great Sara! You have been busy :)

Hope you're well.

Alex x

debby4000 said...

Oh this is fabulous and love the yummy image.
luv
Debby