Sunday 31 January 2010

A thank you card for the Stamp With Us challenge


Our challenge this week over at Stamp With Us is on the theme of:

Thank You

I've used the glorious Greenhouse Garden set for my card. This stamp set is currently helping the people of Haiti. Stampin' Up! are donating £1 from every set sold from now until 28 February to the Red Cross International Response Fund. So you can treat yourself and help out at the same time and you'd be half way to earning a free Sale-a-bration stamp set into the bargain. Email me to place your order.


Recipe
Stamp sets: Greenhouse Garden, Seeing Spots
Cardstock: Barely Banana, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Ink: Summer Sun, Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa
Punches: Eyelet Edge, 1-3/8" Circle, 1-1/4" Circle, 3/4" Circle
Narrow Grosgrain Ribbon: Very Vanilla
Other: Pretties Kit

The medium flower is stamped in Summer Sun and then the Stamp-a-ma-jig used to position the detail stamp over the top using Chocolate Chip. The same combination is then used for the dinky flower. All flowers are cut out and mounted on punched circles using dimensionals. Half-back pearls from the pretties kit are used for the flower centres. The Cocoa background is stamped using just the detail stamp with Cocoa ink on Cocoa card. As the card already has quite a lot of height from the raised flowers and pearls, I've stuck the circles flat to the border.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Sara xx

9 comments:

Kate Lewis said...

Such an elegant card Sara! I love the colour combination! Hugs Kate xx

Maria said...

Wow Sara
I simply love the way you used the flower head for the subtle background layer. Thats gorgeous and really highlights the brightness of the flowers. Gorgeous

Unknown said...

gorgeous colour combo Sara and love your stamped background, a really lovely card

Jan x

Linby said...

I wasn't sure about this stamp set (eventhough it is for a good cause) but now I have seen this card I think I will be getting it!
Linbyx

Need More Time to Craft said...

Wow Sara, love your card.

simplyfairies said...

I sooo love what you have done with this set!1, I love these stamps and often think oh what colours should I use and I love this colour combo!!

Unknown said...

This is also a lovely spring card I think, love your projects hun.

Looking at the previous post i may have to get my wheels out again lol it's also very lovely.

love Dawn xx

lindyloo said...

Hi Sara, it's Linda here from high green craft I just love this card as i said on saturday and the stamps are on my wish list lol hope you are feeling better and nice and warm hehe huggies lindyloo x

Ash said...

Very Beautiful.... I say Thank You for posting that cutie for us.....to relish.....

Ash....
(http://asha-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)