Thursday 7 January 2010

Combination challenge for the ILWS Cup Challenge


The final challenge for Saturday Night's In Love With Stamping Cup Challenge was a combination one. We had to include a masking technique and also "recycle" a regular household item into the design.

My brain was a little fried by this time and so I saw the "recycle" theme and didn't really get the "household item" so my choice to recycle a used gift tag missed the point a little, lol. They were really looking for things like clothes peg, safety pin, band-aid plaster ...

Never mind, it's the taking part that matters isn't it? This is what I came up with:


Recipe
Stamp set: Love You Much
Cardstock: Real Red, Basic Black, Whisper White
Ink: Real Red, Versamark
Punch: Heart to Heart
Other: Silver EP
Non-SU: Recycled gift tag

I stamped Love You Much in Versamark and heat embossed with Silver EP. I stamped it again onto a Post-it and cut around it. The mask was put over the original heat embossing and then I stamped the large heart in Real Red on either side before removing the mask. The punched hearts are raised on dimensionals.

So all in all, the Cup Challenge kick started my creative juices, began this year's stock of cards and gave me an excuse to "get together" with both old and new crafting friends. Want to join the fun? The next Cup Challenge will take place in April but to keep you going until then why not check out the Design Team Challenges that will be posted at the beginning of every month starting February (you can access the older ones here) or hop over straight away to the Tutorials.

Hope to see you at the next Cup Challenge.

Sara xx

4 comments:

Jan Jones said...

Hi Sara,
I absolutely love this card! Dont usually make any Valentines cards but I will definately be making some after seeing what you have done here.
Jan
X

PinksyDoodles said...

This is fabulous Sara.
x

Justine said...

Love your work Sara!! thanks for stopping by my blog.
Justine

Ali Watson said...

This is stunning Sara, love it.