Tuesday 26 January 2010

A cased card for my MILs birthday and her latest stamping results


Did you enjoy our bloghop on Sunday? From the hits to our sites, I'm guessing you did. (Just in case you missed it you can always scroll down to Sunday's post to catch up). There were some fantastic creations and I can't wait for a bit of free time to CASE some of them. I'm just glad that I managed to get mine finished on time and didn't let the others down. It was pretty touch and go at one point. I'd been away in Hastings all week and then on Friday night I was out presenting a workshop (I'll share more of that later in the week), then Saturday morning I was busy finishing my MIL's birthday card before she and my FIL arrived to spend the afternoon with us.

Thankfully I've got my MIL hooked on crafting too and after a delicious fish and chip lunch (we're lucky enough to have an award winning chippy just a short drive away), we spent the afternoon crafting while DH and FIL played on the Wii and watched the football. A happy bunch all round.

The card I made for my MIL is the one I was lucky enough to win as a project kit with instructions, from Elaine's Creative Musings on another recent bloghop.


Recipe
Stamp sets: On a Pedestal, Queue Up (Level 3 hostess set), Whimsical Words (SAB)
Cardstock: Almost Amethyst, Pretty in Pink, Elegant Eggplant, Whisper White
Ink: Elegant Eggplant, Markers
DSP: Tea Party
Taffeta Ribbon: Pretty in Pink
Gingham Ribbon: Light Pink
Narrow Grosgrain Ribbon: Whisper White, Elegant Eggplant
Brads: Soft Subtles, Square Fire

Now my MIL mainly loves 3d items. She isn't so keen on stamping so far because she reckons her stamping never works out properly. I did talk her into giving it another go though on Saturday and she made this card:


Recipe
Stamp sets: Whimsical Wings (level 2 hostess set), Oval All
Cardstock: Close to Cocoa, Ruby Red, Whisper White
Ink: Ruby Red, Markers
Punches: Scallop Oval, Large Oval
Taffeta Ribbon: Chocolate Chip

I'm not sure where she's coming from. I think her stamping is great. Don't you just love her robin? So cute.

Thanks for stopping by.

Sara xx

5 comments:

margaret said...

Hi Sara. Your card for MIL is fabulous love the colours and The style. Your MIL card is also Fabby dont understand why she thinks she isn't very good at it. It looks well to me.
Sorry I havent been around for the last couple of weeks my Gnephews baby died last Monday and had been on life support for a week before. So not felt much like crafting or blogging. Am trying to get back to normal but dont think it will happen until after next Monday when we have his funeral.
xx
Margaret

Ash said...

Both of your cards are awesome & cute.. Your MIL should have been really happy, to receive it.... LOVELY!!!

Ash...
(http://asha-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

Monica Gale said...

Wonderful cards Sarah, MIL's stamping is very good she should be proud, however with a creative and talented teacher like you is hard not to become a good stamper. hugs xx

Jan Jones said...

Well done MIL, image looks great!!!

Love your card too.
Jan
X

Elizabeth said...

Well you can tell your MIL I think her stamping is just lovely! Your card is a stunner too - love the parcels on the right. Yummy!