Monday 28 December 2009

A wedding anniversary in white satin and embossed gold


Phew, so glad the christmas rush is over. I hope that you all had a happy and peaceful time. Everyone here's well fed and family members have been and gone so I can look forward to a quiet day of crafting tomorrow, before it all starts all over again and I prepare the house for my New Year's Eve guest, lol. The pain in my jaw has virtually disappeared now and I've started eating (very gingerly) on that side of my mouth again. Thanks to everyone for their good wishes and comments.

I haven't had time for any crafting so far this holiday, so today I thought I'd share with you the card I made for my parents' wedding anniversary which was on the 18 December. I also submitted this card as part of my entry to the DT call over at In Love With Stamping. The successful entrants are to be announced at the Crafter's Cup Challenge taking place on 2 January - fingers and toes crossed :-)


Recipe
Stamp sets: Mr & Mrs, Cheers to You, Oval All
Cardstock: Blush Blossom, Creamy Caramel, Whisper White
DSP: Bride
Ink: Versamark, Blush Blossom
Ribbon: White Satin
Punches: Eyelet Border, Large Oval, Scallop Oval, 1-3/4" Circle
Other: Gold EP, Crystal Effects, Dazzling Diamonds

All the stamping was done with Versamark and heat embossed with gold EP. I then filled in the glasses with Crystal Effects and dipped a cocktail stick into Blush Blossom ink and Dazzling Diamonds and transferred it to the Crystal, to create the "fizz" in the glasses.

I love all the SU ribbons but this satin one is especially gorgeous and adds a real luxury feel to the card.

Thanks for stopping by.

Sara xx

8 comments:

Ali Watson said...

Stunning creation Sara, keeping everything crossed for you :D

Andrea said...

Wow, your card is great.

Marilyn Goodrich said...

Wow, Sara, that is GORGEOUS! So super elegant! :-)

Ash said...

That is simple yet elegant.... I love such pieces that speaks for itself...... I have saved it for my future encounters.... for my near & dear ones....

Happy Celebrations!!!!
HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR......

Ash......
(http://asha-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

Cindy Haffner said...

STUNNING Sara.

Jan Jones said...

I have been struggling to decide what to use for my cousins wedding in January - may need to borrow this design. Its stunning!!!

Jan

Pauline said...

Simple & elegant, love it.

simplyfairies said...

Utterly Stunning, am sure that you will be successful in your creation....