Sunday 17 January 2010

A sketch challenge at Stamp With Us and news of the online class


I loved your entries to our last Stamp With Us challenge. The colour inspiration wasn't amongst my favourites ... until now. The results with that colour combo were stunning.

This next fortnight's challenge is a sketch and this is a great one that I'm sure I'll reuse again in the future:
I can't stop using my new (and free!) Sale-a-bration stamps but I've used just one of them as an accent today instead of making it the focal point:


Recipe
Stamp sets: On a Pedestal, Circle of Friendship, Vintage Labels (SAB)
Cardstock: Close to Cocoa, Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White
DSP: Spiced Cider, Tea Party
Ink: Regal Rose, Creamy Caramel, Pretty in Pink, Chocolate Chip, Real Red, Old Olive
Punches: Scallop Circle, 1" Circle
Other: Dazzling Diamonds, Soft Subtles Brads, Circle Fire Rhinestone Brads, Antique Brass Jumbo Eyelets, Mat Pack, Piercing Tool

The cake is "iced" with Dazzling Diamonds. Can you believe, I think this is its first time out since the Christmas cards, lol. I used my stamp-a-ma-jig to make sure the cake sat in the middle of the stand and the cherry sat on the top. The vintage label was stamped and punched with the scallop circle punch. I snipped between each scallop and shaped them for some extra dimension.

If you haven't been over to SWU in a week or so then you may have missed the announcement that the next Stamp With Us online class will start on Sunday 31 January. These classes are jam packed with tutorials and tips from the team and inspiration from both the team and participants alike. I'm looking forward to meeting up with new and existing friends and hope to see you there.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Sara xx

9 comments:

Linby said...

I love the sparking top to the cake-fab idea and how you have used the label.
Linbyx

margaret said...

Love this card Sara. The colours and theme are great. xx

Ali Watson said...

This is gorgeous Sara, scrummy coulers too. Have a fab Sunday.

Elizabeth said...

Very pretty Sara - love the use of the Vintage Frame - looks great layered up like that.

Andrea said...

wow. Your card is so great.

tiggertastic said...

stunning work and fab use on the sketch too
sarah x

AuroraDawn said...

Gorgeous card Sara, love the sprinklin of sparkle ...

Thanks for letting me know about the lack of comments on my blog, something to do with the new layout ...

Best wishes

Dawn
xxx

Ash said...

Hey,

The new layout is beautiful & already checked out few projects made.... All are simply outstanding.... Hey, could I ask u something, if u did not mind.... As I am not a professional & just make them for my family... How do I make these stamps at home...or is it possible to make all of them, all by myself.... I'm eager to know... Would be grateful, if u could help....

Ash....
(http://asha-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

Jan Jones said...

Ohh, love these colours and the way you hace used the vintage label!
Jan
X