Saturday 16 January 2010

Bluebird of happiness


Yippee, it's raining! It's washing the snow away. I can't remember the last time I was so glad for rain, lol. It's still a pretty grey day though so I thought I'd add a splash of colour. For today's card I've combined the Whimsical Wings (hostess level 2) with the Whimsical Words (Sale-a-bration). To find out how you could get both sets for free just email me at sarastamper123@gmail.com.

The Happiness Always sentiment made me think of the bluebird of happiness - and so of course my bird had to be blue! Funny where inspiration comes from isn't it?


Recipe
Stamp sets: Whimsical Wings, Whimsical Words
Cardstock: Summer Sun, Taken with Teal, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White
Ink: Old Olive, Taken with Teal, Tempting Turquoise, Summer Sun, Yoyo Yellow, Chocolate Chip
Other: Bold Brights Brads, Mat Pack, Paper Piercing Tool

I used markers direct to stamp for inking this card. The bird is done in Turquoise with a Teal wing and Chocolate legs and beak. Flowers were coloured with Yoyo Yellow and then again around all edges with Summer Sun to give more depth to the colour. The images were stamped out onto the card using the Stamp-a-ma-jig for placement. I then stamped the bird and flowers again, cut out and raised them on dimensionals.

Have a great weekend.

Sara xx

6 comments:

Suzie Q said...

Hi Sara,
smashing card the colours are wonderful together1
hugs
Suzie qx

Unknown said...

This is lovely Sara, gorgeous colour combo & the sentiment works perfectly with this image.

Jan x

Larisa said...

the wonderful stamping ))

Lesley said...

This is gorgeous Sara!!! Love the pretty colours!

Smiles,
Lesley :)

PS Because of your gorgeous cards, I got that Happy Moments Set! Can't wait to play with it!

Alex said...

Beautiful card Sara, love the colour combo, so bright and cheery!

Hope you're having a good weekend.

Alex x

Ash said...

Lovely card Sara.... I loved the cute little birdie.... Beautiful & innocent...
The choice of colors are so elegant..

Ash...
(http://asha-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)