Thursday 14 January 2010

A get well card using a Happy Moment


It's about time I stopped complaining about the weather, after all I've got it easy compared with some. The Mum of my crafting pal Heather, is having a tough time at the moment battling one illness after another and is missing being home into the bargain. Heather's asked for some get well cards to cheer her up (details here if you're able to add to them, I'm sure she'll appreciate it). I sent this at the weekend so hopefully she's got it by now and I'm safe to show it on here.

I've made it using the new Happy Moments set but also combined with a few others.


Recipe
Stamp sets: Happy Moments, Flight of the Butterfly, Fun and Fast Notes (sentiment)
Cardstock: Taken With Teal, More Mustard, Whisper White
DSP: Pink Flamingo
Ink: Taken With Teal, Black Stazon, Markers
Punches: Corner Rounder, Scallop Edge, Butterfly

And because I wanted to make the inside pretty to look at too:


Recipe (inside)
Stamp sets: Baroque Border, Flight of the Butterfly, Curvy Verses
Cardstock: Whisper White
Ink: Taken with Teal
Punch: Corner Rounder

Wishing you a speedy recovery Karen.

Sara xx

5 comments:

Ali Watson said...

This is fab Sara and i love how you have inked up the insert too. Fab!

margaret said...

What a lovely card and insert Sara. Also what a lovely thought for a friend.
I haven't visited your blog for a while but you have done some beautiful pieces of art. love
Margaret

Linby said...

lovely card - now why didn't I think of colouring all the flowers in the same colour -doh!
Linbyx

Hayley said...

Stunning!

Sew This N That said...

Good morning Sara!
Thankyou very much for making my mum this lovely card, she was so chuffed when she opened it....I've never seen her stare at a card so long, even one of my own!
She says I must have amazing friends that want to send such a lovely card to a complete stranger!
You are a wonderful friend, Sara, and thank you for making my mum so happy :0)
*hugs* Heather x