Tuesday 19 January 2010

On the road again but time for another card


Hello from Hastings! I went to work yesterday only to find that I was needed urgently to fill in for a colleague, so it was a quick dash home to pack, then hop on a train down country and here I am. It's such an exciting life being an auditor, lol. Bit of a shame that all I get to see of this bit of the country is the inside of the office and the inside of a hotel room (see it's not such a glamorous life after all).

We didn't finish until rather late tonight and I expect another long day tomorrow but I thought I'd steal five minutes or so to share this card that I made on Sunday evening.

For my last SU order I decided to stray from my usual menu of stamps, DSPs and inks and popped the Circle Metal Edge Tags in my basket. Then ... what do you do with them? Well the Flower for All Seasons stamps fit perfectly within them so I decided to make them the focus of this card.


Recipe
Stamp sets: A Flower for all Seasons, Vintage Labels (SAB)
Cardstock: Pink Passion, Pixie Pink
Ink: Black Stazon, Pink Passion, Markers
Punches: Corner Rounder
Gingham Ribbon: Light Pink
Other: Circle Metal Edge Tag

The flower image is stamped directly onto the Metal Tag with Black Stazon and coloured with markers. I used the circle image and the sentiment from the Vintage Labels set and used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to position them. A little gingham bow just finishes the card and balances it out.

Thanks for stopping by.

Sara xx

4 comments:

Ash said...

WOW!!! That is another bright & beautiful card.... Loved the simplicity with elegance tagged to it...

Ash...
(http://asha-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

Hayley said...

lovely card Sara
x

Jan Jones said...

This is a lovely sweet card. I have the square metal tags but cant seem to get to grips with them!
Jan
X

Unknown said...

What a fantastic idea!!
I have this stamp set and wondered what else I could do with it..
Fab card xx