Saturday 27 December 2008

Simple Valentine card - low fuss, man's valentine card

Well that's Christmas done, so I'm thinking now about Valentine's Day. I know that some men aren't keen on fussy cards and so this quick and easy card may fit the bill for them. 

I've used Ruby Red cardstock for the base card and also to mat the large heart onto. I used Ruby Red ink to stamp the love panel from the A Little Bit of Happiness stamp set (a Level 1 hostess gift). The same ink was used to stamp the heart from the Polka Dot Punches stamp set. This is one of the fab freebie sets available in the Sale-a-bration that starts on 1 January (see yesterday's post for more info). I've layered the love panel onto Regal Rose cardstock and Holiday Treasures designer series paper. Dimensionals (foam pads) were used to raise the large heart (apologies - the photo doesn't really show the 3-d effect, it's really dismal and gloomy here today).

Note - photo edited on 29 December, once I had better light.

The only techniques used in this card are stamping (single colour), cutting and sticking so this is a great card for a beginner to try. 

Happy stampin'.

Sara xx

No comments: