Monday 29 December 2008

Dotty gift box using free stamp set

For today's little gift box I've used one of the free stamp sets available from 1 January 2009 in the Stampin' Up! Sale-a-bration. Click here for more details. 

I used a pillow box template to cut and score the shape from Pumpkin Pie cardstock. Using Versamark I stamped all over the cut shape with the small flower from the Polka Dot Punches stamp set. 

This is a fantastic set because it's designed to work with your punches  - hence the name, ha. It matches the 5-petal flower, the scallop circle and the 1-1/4" circle punches (this last one gives a trim fit but you could always use a larger circle). 

I stuck a strip of chocolate chip flowered paper from the Sweet Always series around the shortest sides of the box, offsetting it from the centre slightly. Narrow grosgrain ribbon in Chocolate Chip was wrapped around the longer sides and ties the box closed. The large polka dot flower was stamped onto Whisper White cardstock in Only Orange ink (I don't have any Pumpkin Pie yet but as you can see this tones really well anyway) and punched with the scallop circle punch. I used dimensionals to stick the flower bridged over the ribbon, so that the ribbon can be slid out and reused (am I the only one that looks to reuse embellishments - I bet that all my friends just chuck all the bits in the bin, LOL).

Thanks for stopping by.

Sara xx

No comments: