Thursday 4 December 2008

His 'n' Hers Christmas Cards

I'm a real sucker for Chocolate Chip (that's both the Stampin' Up! colour and the real thing). It combines so well with a great range of colours but among my favourites are Bashful Blue and Pretty in Pink. So I thought I'd do his and hers cards using the same stamp and layout.

To give a snowy background (in keeping with the weather here today) I stamped the card fronts with white stazon using the Polka Dot stamp (it's a bit faint but you can see it better on the pink). I then stamped the multi stamp from the Season of Joy set with Chocolate Chip on Whisper White card and put it on a Chocolate Chip mat. The cards were finished with Chocolate Chip narrow ribbon; knotted for his card, a pretty bow for hers.

Quick and easy again but I think they look quite elegant. I hope that you agree.

Until next time.

Sara xx

Update Edit - I redid these cards using Versamark and white embossing powder with the polka dot background for the "snow" and it looks much more effective.

No comments: