Monday 6 December 2010

Silver snowflakes for Sketch Saturday


Brrr! It's cold out there isn't it? So lovely to be tucked up warm and cosy in front of the fire. Better still, I had a bit of time for crafting yesterday and had everything to hand, so I had a go at this sketch challenge from over at Sketch Saturday:


I went with one of my favourite colour combos and used a new wheel that I hadn't had chance to play with yet because of all my travels. Just had to wait then for today to have enough light to photograph it :-)


Recipe
Stamp sets: Lovely as a Tree, Season of Joy, Music Notes
Cardstock: Real Red, Basic Black, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black, Versamark
Punches: Scallop Oval, Large Oval, Boho Blossoms
Other: Silver EP, Basic Rhinestones
Non-SU: Silver Cardstock, Die cuts

The card base is a 5" square of Real Red, matted with Basic Black and more Real Red. I wheeled the Music Notes across Whisper White card using Basic Black ink, three times and trimmed to strips to fit the card front. The tree, snowflakes and sentiment were stamped in Versamark onto Basic Black card and heat embossed with Silver EP. The tree was die cut and matted onto silver card, also die cut, then popped up on dimensionals on the left of the card front. After punching the sentiment out with the Large Oval it was matted direct to a Scallop Oval of silver card and popped up on dimensionals in the top right corner. The snowflakes (the centre of the snowflake in a circle stamp from Season of Joy) were punched out with the middle flower of the Boho Blossoms punch, popped up on dimensionals and finished with a tiny Rhinestone in the centre of each.

Keep warm.

Sara xx

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Lovely Sara - I haven't played with my music note wheel yet, but have to get it out this week as it is DH's birthday soon - he is a songwriter, so it is perfect. Great card, love how you used the wheel. X

Jacqueline said...

A very beautiful card - I fall more and more in love with the music wheel every time I see it used. Good luck with the Sketch Saturday challenge. - Jacqueline xx

Terry said...

Hiya Sara, wowzersss love what you did with my sketch sweetie really beautifull,the colors are really wonderfull and I want to say thanks for playing along on my DT week. Hugs Terry xxxx