Wednesday 8 December 2010

No layers technique challenge - take 2


You may remember that our technique challenge this month over at In Love With Stamping is to create a no layers card and I had a second go at this challenge.


Recipe
Stamp sets: Tree Trimmings, Music Notes
Cardstock: Crumb Cake
Ink: Crumb Cake, Versamark
Other: Gold EP

The card blank is A6 portrait in Crumb Cake. I stamped the baubles from the Tree Trimmings set with Versamark ink and heat embossed with Gold EP, masking the two outer ones before stamping the inner. (The adhesive from the sticky note mask tarnished the Gold embossing a little but reheating shines it up again). The edges of the card front were then masked off and the Music Notes wheel was rolled across using Crumb Cake ink.



Recipe
Stamp sets: Tree Trimmings, Music Notes
Cardstock: Very Vanilla
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Versamark
Other: Gold EP

For this version I masked the card edges first and wheeled the Music Notes across the Very Vanilla card blank with Cherry Cobbler ink. The baubles were then stamped and heat embossed over the top of the wheeled stamping.

You get a slightly different look with each version, not just because of the colours but due to the intensity of the stamping, depending on which image is laid down first.

I think I prefer the Crumb Cake version even though it doesn't seem to show up so well in the photo.

What do you think?

Sara xx

3 comments:

Jacqueline said...

I love them both - gorgeous cards.I would love to receive one of those through the post - so much nicer than the shop bought ones. - Jacqueline xx.

Linby said...

These are nice. I love the music as a background.
Linbyx

Laetitia said...

They are both very nice although I have to say I prefer the first one. The music background in watermark is really nice and I love the effect of the gold embossing.