Saturday 18 December 2010

A Sapphire Wedding Anniversary card for my Mum and Dad


Sorry that I've not posted as regularly as usual the last few days. I'm rushing trying to get everything made and out to friends and family before christmas/the snow hits again and while I've been very busy crafting, I'm holding back from posting it all, so as not to spoil any surprises.

I feel pretty safe posting this one now though. Today is my Mum and Dad's Sapphire Wedding Anniversary. We're off out tonight with Mum and Dad and my brother and SIL, for a meal to celebrate, just as long as the snow holds off a bit longer. I somehow doubt that Mum will have time to check my blog before we go, lol.


Recipe
Stamp set: I {Heart} Hearts
Cardstock: Shimmery White, Marina Mist
Ink: Marina Mist
Punches: Full Heart, Heart to Heart, Small Heart
Other: Fine Cosmo Glitter
Non- SU: Computer, Die cuts

I kept the design simple because the cardstock has a lustrous sheen that I wanted to focus on (though the camera doesn't really pick it up too well). The card base is a portrait A5 blank of Shimmery White, with a mat of Marina Mist card on top of it. A strip of Sticky Strip was added down the centre of a mat of Shimmery White and a mix of the Turquoise and Light Blue glitters adhered to it. The large hearts were stamped in Marina Mist onto the Shimmery White cardstock (using the stamp-a-ma-jig for alignment) and cut out by hand. The medium and small hearts were stamped and punched. I typed the Mum and Dad sentiments on the computer, printed them onto the Shimmery White card (it takes the print very well) and punched them out. The "45" was die cut from Marina Mist card and adhered to a Full Heart punched from Shimmery White cardstock. All the hearts were popped up on dimensionals on the card front which was adhered direct to the Marina Mist layer.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Sara xx

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Lovely card - I hope the snow keeps off for the celebration tonight!

Highland Monkey's said...

What a gorgeous card, your mum and dad will love. The colours are really nice.

Laetitia said...

What a lovely and thoughtful card. I am sure your parents were very happy to receive such a lovely card. I really like this blue (of course Sapphire) and the hearts.
Laetitia xx