Wednesday 1 December 2010

A no layers card for the ILWS technique challenge


Our technique challenge this month over at In Love With Stamping is to create a no layers card. I did find this one quite a toughie because I always have layers and the more time I have for crafting a card the more layers there are likely to be. It's always good to push outside your comfort zone though and I decided that as I couldn't have layers I'd try adding a bit of texture instead:


Recipe
Stamp set: Season of Joy
Cardstock: Crumb Cake
Ink: Craft White
Other: Basic Rhinestones

The tree and sentiment were stamped onto the Crumb Cake A6 landscape card blank in Craft White ink (I tend to get a more intense white with the Craft than the Stazon). The edges of the card were also brushed with the Craft White inkpad and the card left overnight to dry (or you could use a heat tool to set). I then used my Paper Cutter and bone folder to add the score lines (marking in pencil on the reverse where they needed to start and finish and then erasing afterwards). A Basic Rhinestone was added to the tree just because I like a bit of bling.

I also did a version using Old Olive ink (everything else was the same) but I prefer the white.


Which version do you prefer?

Sara xx

2 comments:

Red Moon said...

They are both lovely cards, but I prefer the white as it looks crisper!

Suzie Q said...

Hi Sara,
these are always gonna be a winner with me if you are using the kraft and crumb cake!!
if i had to choose it would be the white its stunning x
hugs
Suzie qx