Monday 20 December 2010

A batch of xmas cards with a bit of bling


We had a fantastic meal out with my parents for their anniversary on Saturday night. The restaurant had a real fire that was so cosy in contrast to the biting cold outside. And the food, the food was heaven. I was so glad we were able to make it even though the journey was a little risky. Little bruv did a great job driving the minibus.

Anyway, on with the crafting. I hope that I'm not spoiling the surprise for anyone with my post today. All my Christmas cards are on their way, but I guess with the weather conditions, there's no guarantee that they've arrived on time. I used two different designs for my batches of cards this year (in addition to the individual cards I've made throughout the year). This is one of them. I think I made around three dozen or so of these in total.


This is styled on an earlier card you can see here.


Recipe
Stamp set: Contempo Christmas, Serene Snowflakes
Cardstock: Cherry Cobbler, Naturals Ivory, Crumb Cake
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Soft Suede, Versamark, Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint
Punch: Ornament
Other: Heat & Stick Powder, Fine Galaxy Glitter
Tools: Heat Tool, Crimper

The card is made in a similar way to the earlier version but the crimped square was sprayed with a shimmer mist that was made by mixing the Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint with rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle. For the side panels, the small single snowflake from Serene Snowflakes was stamped in Soft Suede onto the Naturals Ivory and the trio of snowflakes was stamped direct with undiluted Shimmer Paint.


For the inside, a mat of Naturals Ivory was stamped with the snowflake again in Soft Suede and with the sentiment from the Contempo Christmas in Cherry Cobbler.

Thanks for stopping by.

Sara xx

3 comments:

Loraine Arderne said...

Beautifull cards Sara, so much thought and work gone into these.

Laetitia said...

Someone has been a busy bee. They are lovely, and even better in real. Love the touch of Shimmery mist which makes the card so elegant and Christmassy. I prefer this version to the previous one you had done, as these seem so much fancier. Love the shape too. Very unusual.
Laetitia xx

Stempeln im Westerwald said...

Hello,
very nice cards great ideas.
lots of greetings
Michaela