Sunday 26 December 2010

Merry Christmas everyone


A Very Merry Christmas to everyonel!

I hope that you're having a wonderful christmas and have a few restful days planned to recover from it all, before we start again at new year.

My Mum and Dad came round for Christmas lunch yesterday. DH had planned when everything needed to go in the oven but I still managed to slightly burn the yorkshire puddings and the gravy was a bit late to the table. No-one complained though, lol.

Poor Dad had made this fabulous Christmas cake and we were all too stuffed to eat it. Never mind, I've got a large portion of it to taste over the next few days.


Today's card is the one I made for DH and I just managed to get it made before he opened his pressies yesterday morning. The DSP I've used is unfortunately retired now. This is the paper that made me so impatient to get my hands on the Baja Breeze cardstock. I just love it and I held onto a few sheets for special cards like this one.


Recipe
Stamp sets: Winter Post, Season of Joy (sentiment)
Cardstock: Baja Breeze, Very Vanilla
Ink: Baja Breeze, Soft Suede
DSP: Ski Slope (retired)
Punches: Scallop Oval, Large Oval, 1-3/4" Circle
Other: Sweet Treat Cups, Fine Cosmo Glitter, Medium Window Sheet

I followed Elaine's wonderful instructions here for creating the snowglobe portion of the card though I did fill it with more water than she recommends (and I did make this the night before to make sure there was enough time for the Crystal Effects to dry fully). The design of the card helps provide a bit of balance as the front is quite heavy. I stamped the main image using Baja Breeze and Soft Suede markers direct to stamp and then stamping onto Very Vanilla card. The 1-3/4" Circle was punched as far in from the top edge of the Ski Slope card front layer as it would go and then this was used to position the main image correctly. The snow globe was adhered behind the DSP and then the layers were added to the card front. More Ski Slope paper was added to the wings of the card. Finally the sentiment was stamped, punched and matted and then popped up on dimensionals under the image.

Here's a close up of the snowglobe.


Off now to get the food ready for MIL and FIL coming round.

Have a great Boxing Day.

Sara xx

1 comment:

Laetitia said...

Hi Sara,
I hope you had a great Christmas. Your card is gorgeous. I definitely love this image which goes perfectly with the colours you used. I am sure your hubby loved it.
And your father's cake looks delish too. Well done to him. I can't imagine mine baking a cake. LOL
Enjoy your holidays,
Laetitia xx