Sunday 25 January 2009

A thank you card using the free level 2 hostess stamp set

Here's a little thank you card made using the Cause for Celebration stamp set. This set is a great all rounder with 9 different stamps covering most major occasions and you can get it for free by hosting a workshop. I do the work, preparing and showing you the demonstrations and a make and take. You supply the friends and have fun. Email me at sarastamper123@gmail.com for available dates in February.

The layout for this card is to meet a Sketch Challenge over at ILWS. I used Really Rust as my base cardstock and added a couple of strips of Designer Series Paper from the Sweet Always collection. I stamped the Thanks stamp from Cause for Celebration in Chocolate Chip ink on Whisper White card. This was cut out, Pumpkin Pie ribbon tied around it and mounted with dimensionals (cut in half because the 't" is narrow) onto a square of Whisper White. Next, this was matted onto Pumpkin Pie. I stamped the little and the large flowers onto Whisper White using markers in the card colours, cut these out and layered them with dimensionals. Finally I used just the small flower and stamped with Versamark three times in the corner.

Sara xx

2 comments:

Kate Lewis said...

I love your take on the sketch Sara - I really want to give this one a go too! Love the colours you've chosen too! K xx

Hayley said...

lovely card Sara the colour combo is fab.
x