Wednesday 28 January 2009

An Anniversary Card in a clean and simple design using gold embossing

Thanks very much for the get well wishes you've sent. I still felt awful this morning when I finally came around but I've picked up a bit through the afternoon. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to turn this cold around. 

Yesterday was craft tip day so that was straightforward enough, but to make today's blog easier I've gone back again to another card I made earlier. This is an anniversary card that has a very clean and simple design. I generally like the less is more approach for wedding and anniversary cards. I started with Very Vanilla as the base cardstock. Using Versamark ink I stamped just the cakes from the Together Forever stamp in the Fun and Fast Notes stamp set. I covered this with gold embossing powder and applied the heat tool. To make the gold background I swiped my Versamark pad along all four edges of a larger rectangle, covered again with gold embossing powder and heated. (The not so neat bit of the swiping is hidden behind the cakes and you just have the neat edges on display - perfect). The cakes were matted onto the gold and the whole layer was raised with dimensionals.

On the inside of the card I used the Congratulations and On another year of happy togetherness sentiments from the free Congrats Sale-a-bration stamp set. I've used this stamp set on the outside of a card before (the Congratulations on passing your driving test card here) but I think they're especially good for stamping the insides of your cards and I've also used them on Wedding and New Baby cards.

Congrats is a set of 7 stamps and you can get them for free just by spending £45 or more on products from the Stampin' Up! catalogue. If you'd like to place an order to get your free stamp set then just email me at sarastamper123@gmail.com letting me know what you want and I can arrange delivery direct to your home.

One way to use them is to just stamp the inside of your card with Congratulations and then one of the following:
  • on getting a little bit older and better than ever!
  • welcome to the wedded bliss club!
  • on the birth of your new baby!
  • you've outdone yourself again!
  • let the relaxation begin! (happy retirement!)
  • on another year of happy togetherness!
A really helpful set for just finishing your cards off.

Thanks for stopping by.

Sara xx

1 comment:

Kate Lewis said...

Gorgeous Sara - simple, clean and elegant, love it!! Kate xx