Sunday 4 January 2009

Card for a new baby girl using fun and fast notes stamp set

Hi all.

I didn't get time for any crafting yesterday. We had friends coming round for a meal and so I had to transform my craft room back into a dining room. Here's the "after" picture. I didn't think to take a "before" picture but I'm sure that it will be back in the usual state of crafting disarray (that's a semi-organised mess :-) ) before too long. I'm making the most of the dining room by having the in-laws round for dinner tomorrow. They thought they'd done something wrong it's been so long since had an invite, lol. 

For now I've set up a temporary craft station on the coffee table in the living room, handy for watching the tv at the same time but I can only have limited supplies out. Still, I managed to get this one crafted this afternoon.

Here I've made a card to welcome a new baby girl. I like to have various occasion cards made ready so that I can pick out what I need when I need it.

For this I used Regal Rose cardstock for the base. It's an A5 card with the front folded back on itself. I used the Happy New Baby stamp from the Fun and Fast Notes stamp set, stamped onto Whisper White card and coloured and shaded with markers. This was matted onto Regal Rose and Pretty in Pink card. The front card fold was covered with a strip of paper from the Sweet Always designer series set of papers.

I attached a charm to the top right corner using Pretty in Pink taffeta ribbon. To provide a bit of balance, layout wise, I stamped the bottom left in Versamark with Sweet Little One from the Seasonal Wishes stamp set. I used two very narrow strips of Pretty in Pink card to frame the sentiment.

Thanks for dropping by.

Sara xx

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

lovely card Sara.