Friday 30 January 2009

Does anybody know what a Moo card is?

Have you heard of Moo cards? I'd never heard of these little things until I joined the Stamping Mad Craft Forum which runs a Moo card swap which I decided to have go at. They're pretty much like ATCs (Artist Trading Cards) but even smaller. They measure just 2.8cm x 7cm (approx 1.1" x 2.8"). This is about the size of a microscope slide, so pretty restrictive in terms of what you can get on them.

I found though that the stamps from A Little Bit of Happiness (Level 1 free hostess set) fit quite well if some of the image is trimmed off the sides. I used the Love and the Thank You stamps from this set, stamped them with Versamark and heat embossed with silver embossing powder onto paper vellum. I then coloured behind the vellum (for more subtle colouring) using markers and stuck to Whisper White cardstock. To hide the glue, I stuck a  couple of narrow strips of Pretty in Pink (for Love) and Old Olive (for Thank You) card onto the edges. I hope that my swapee likes them.

Keep Stampin'

Sara xx

1 comment:

Kate Lewis said...

THese are adorable - must try them sometime !!! K xx