Thursday 17 June 2010

Yikes! Where did Father's Day come creeping up from?


I actually started preparing for Father's Day weeks ago and got my Dad a few little gifts ... and then figured it was ages away and I could forget about it again. Big mistake. All of a sudden it's this Sunday and I still haven't made the card. Luckily I had got a few ideas in mind.

I've been wanting to have a go at one of these little origami shirts for ages and honestly, they aren't too difficult. A bone folder does help get the creases crisp though.


Recipe
Stamp set: Occasional Greetings
Cardstock: So Saffron, Elegant Eggplant, Barely Banana
Ink: Elegant Eggplant
DSP: Perfect Plum Patterns
Narrow Grosgrain Ribbon: Elegant Eggplant
Other: Mat Pack, Paper Piercing Tool

For the shirt, I followed the excellent instructions provided by Diane over at Lakeside Stamper for her Father's Day card last year. I used the same dimensions of DSP but left the shirt front whole (as I was covering it with the tie anyway). To make the tie, I tied a knot in a length of narrow grosgrain ribbon and then folded one end over, trimmed it short and stuck it behind the "tie knot" with a glue dot. I then trimmed the other end of the ribbon to a point. The corners of the shirt background were decorated using the paper piercing tool and the mat pack template.

I'll try and fit another one in before Sunday if I can, just in case I'm not the only last minute card maker :-)

Sara xx

1 comment:

Alex said...

Love the Father's Day card Sara :) Seen these cute origami shirts and might have to try one myself soon!

Have a good weekend,

Alex x