Sunday 20 June 2010

A chalked background for the Stamp With Us inspiration challenge


A Happy Father's Day to any Dads reading this (please, please, if there are any, will you leave me a comment, it would be great to know there are some fellas reading this blog).

We have a new challenge today over at Stamp With Us and it's this inspiration piece:

Now these are really strong colours so I thought I'd knock them back a little by using Stampin' Pastels for the colour rather than markers or ink.


Recipe
Stamp sets: Baroque Motifs, Oval All
Cardstock: Real Red, Only Orange, Whisper White
Ink: Versamark, Stampin' Pastels
DSP: Bride Specialty
Punches: Scallop Oval, Large Oval
Other: Gold EP, Red Rhinestone Brads (Circle Fire)

I sponged the Only Orange and Pink Passion Pastels onto the Bride DSP using daubers and blew off any excess chalk. You can use any of the colouring tools with this DSP and the embossed background will resist the colour and show the pattern. Using Versamark I stamped the scroll design onto the chalked paper and heat embossed with Gold powder. I also stamped and embossed the little flowers and the sentiment in the same way onto Whisper White card. The flowers were cut out and red rhinestone brads added to the centres. As the prongs of the brad extended beyond the flower I trimmed them down with my Craft and Rubber Scissors before popping the flowers up on dimensionals. The rest is matting and layering.

Please take a look at the wonderful samples prepared by the rest of our design team - I just love the inspiration they provide.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Sara xx

No comments: