Tuesday 15 June 2010

A splash of red for the Mojo Monday challenge


And I'm back crafting. Yay!

It was my first day back at work today following the exams and so I looked forward to getting back home tonight. And then DH wanted to watch the Brazil game - well that's all the motivation I needed to get back crafting lol (apologies to those of you as keen as my hubby - I've just never had any interest in football at all).

I broke myself in gently with this week's Mojo Monday sketch:


And decided to go with one of my favourite colour combos:


Recipe
Stamp sets: Seeing Spots, Garden Dream
Cardstock: Basic Black, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black, Real Red
DSP: Night & Day Specialty
Punches: Scallop Circle, 1-3/8" Circle, 1-1/4" Circle
Wide Grosgrain Ribbon: Real Red
Other: Real Red Brads (Bold Brights Collection)

I stamped the flowers from the Garden Dreams set by inking direct to stamp with markers and then shading using blender pens. Michelle Poston recently left me a super tip for using an acrylic block for the ink pool for the blender pen. We don't have the SU acrylic blocks here yet but I thought I'd use Michelle's idea and improvise, so I scribbled with the Real Red marker on the stamp-a-ma-jig plastic sheet and then picked up the ink with the blender pen for different intensities of red.

Thanks for stopping by.

Sara xx

2 comments:

Amy said...

This is a pretty card. I am not a fan of red, but i love it on this one.

Ash said...

Hey! I am in for caseing this card.... It is brilliant.... Please do not mind.... The creation just got me floored.....Perfectly Elegant!!!!

Ash....
(http://hastkala-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)