Thursday 3 June 2010

Baroque flourishes for the ILWS colour challenge


Our colour challenge this month over at ILWS is to use Old Olive, Certainly Celery, Basic Black with optional Whisper White or Very Vanilla.

I decided to brush off my Baroque stamps for my first go at this challenge.


Recipe
Stamp sets: Baroque Motifs, Baroque Border
Cardstock: Certainly Celery, Old Olive, Very Vanilla
Ink: Old Olive
Punches: Large Oval, Scallop Oval
Other: Black Brads (Vintage collection)

I started with an A6 card blank in Certainly Celery and rolled the Baroque Border in Old Olive across the bottom portion of the card. With the large flourish from the Baroque Motifs and Old Olive ink I stamped in the upper right corner of the card front ensuring that I stamped off the card onto my grid paper underneath. I also marked the edges of the card in pencil on the grid paper before removing the card. Using a temporary glue dot (a Tombow spot left to dry) I positioned my Very Vanilla mat in the centre of my pencil marks and used the stamp a ma jig (lined up with the stamped off image) to stamp the flourish again with Old Olive. The Very Vanilla layer was matted with Old Olive and the combined layers popped up on dimensionals and positioned directly over the full flourish on the card front. The tiny flowers were stamped in Old Olive on Certainly Celery, cut out, centred with a black brad and popped up on dimensionals. Finally the Cherish sentiment was stamped, matted and layered with the oval punches and popped up on dimensionals.

Pop back for my second take on this colour challenge tomorrow.

Sara xx

2 comments:

Rel said...

Hi, love what you have done here using the colors. Also baroque motifs is such a lovely set and you have used it really well here. Beautiful card. Looking forward to seeing what else you can achieve using the same colors.

Linby said...

Lovely card, I like the way the flourish spills over the edge.
Linbyx