Tuesday 8 June 2010

Faux stitching for the ILWS technique challenge


Our technique challenge this month at ILWS is to use stitching, either real or faux.

My sewing machine still isn't fixed and so I decided to go for faux.


Recipe
Stamp sets: My Sweet Pea, Sincere Salutations (sentiment)
Textured Cardstock: Rose Red, Pretty in Pink
Plain Cardstock: Whisper White
Ink: Rose Red, Old Olive, Pretty in Pink, Chocolate Chip, White Signo Gel Pen
Other: Paper Piercing Tool, Mat Pack

My card blank this time is a 10cm square in textured Rose Red. Using the mat pack and paper piercing tool I pierced all around the edges of the card front and joined the dots with a White Signo gel pen. On a 7.5cm square of Whisper White I stamped the sentiment in Rose Red and then the My Sweet Pea flowers in Pretty in Pink and Old Olive, with the flower centre in Chocolate Chip. I pierced again all round the edges of this layer and joined the dots with the fine nib of my Rose Red marker. This stamped layer was popped up on dimensionals onto Pretty in Pink textured card and then again onto the card blank.

Tomorrow, a matching mini gift bag.

Sara xx

1 comment:

Ash said...

I don't have a sewing machine, but I owned a hand tool used to sew, which I hardly ever did.... When I found the tool covered with dust, I realized the thread seems to be breaking off through the machinery.... Hence decided to just use it to make the holes & do a faux through them with a pen or so.... SO SEW...;-)!!!!! I loved your card....

Ash...
(http://hastkala-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)