Sunday 23 August 2009

A tough recipe challenge for SWU


This week's challenge for Stamp With Us is a bit of a toughie. You're allowed:

1 x patterned paper
1 x coloured card
1 x flower
3 x brads

I really thought I was going to struggle with it but then once I'd chosen my paper, that pointed me to my coloured card. That combo sent me to the little bird stamp from Fun and Fast Notes (because I'd be using chocolate and saffron to colour it). When I'd done that it looked a little bit like a window and so I decided to add the scallop along the top like a little curtain. So in actual fact it came together quite quickly just from choosing the DSP.


Recipe
Stamp Sets: Fun & Fast Notes, Fresh Cuts
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Always Artichoke, Regal Rose
DSP: Tea & Crumpets
Brads: So Saffron, Rhinestone yellow
Punch: Scallop Edge
Pretties Kit: Small flower

The bird was coloured with markers direct to stamp (leaving out the flower). I then used my matching SU watercolours to paint the bird and leaf. The small flower from the Pretties Kit was "coloured in" using a Regal Rose marker and left to dry a little while before adding to the stamped image with a Rhinestone brad.

Good luck with your own entries to the challenge. I look forward to seeing what you can create with such a limited recipe. Please stop by the rest of the DT blogs to see their versions. Some of them have added a little to the recipe (where is ribbon mentioned?) which I think is cheating LOL, but has made for some great cards.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Sara xx

4 comments:

Yvonne said...

This is beautiful. Love the colours you have used .. such a pretty card, Love it.x

Unknown said...

Oh I love this Sara, using a flower on top of the stamped one is a great idea & the touch of pink really stands out against the other colours. Gorgeous!

Jan xx

margaret said...

Love this card Sara, the colours are beautiful. xx

Lainee said...

Sara, your card is lovely. The colors are warm and muted, and I love the little bird.
Thank you for leaving such a lovely comment on my blog. Sorry I used ribbon!