Tuesday 25 August 2009

Christmas poinsettia for the Mojomonday sketch challenge


Bess is doing so much better now (fingers and toes crossed that I'm not tempting fate here). We have to keep her from rubbing her belly along the carpet or grass (she's a dog in case you're new to my blog, lol) but as long as we do there's no flare up of her rash. Anyway what that meant for me was that I got to play with the Mojomonday challenge, on a monday, for the first time in ages. This was the sketch:
This is the card I made for it:


Recipe
Stamp sets: Polka Dot Punches, Season of Joy
Cardstock: Old Olive, Certainly Celery, Real Red, Chocolate Chip
DSP: Ski Slope
Ink: Real Red, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip
Double Stitched Ribbon: Chocolate Chip
Punch: 5 petal flower
Other: Crafters toolkit, So Saffron brad
Non-SU: Bells

I made the poinsettia up using the polka dot punches stamp and the 5 petal punch. The bells were tied onto the ribbon using some silver elastic cord and the tails were stuck in place with glue dots. The sentiment from Season of Joy was stamped direct to the DSP with Chocolate Chip ink.

I'm busy making up Christmas sets as JJ and I are having a stand at the next Craft Market in Barnsley on Sunday 13 September. It's outdoors so wish us luck with the weather and if you're going to be in the area that day then please stop by and see us.

Thanks for looking.

Sara xx

19 comments:

Emma said...

Beautifully stylish and simple Sara - I LOVE IT - it has the Christmas razzle dazzle about it too :D

Good luck with the craft fayre - but I am sure you will 'knock 'em bandy' lol!

Have a great week,

Emma x

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous Sara. Glad to hear Bess is improving & best of luck with your craft fair

Jan x

Jessie said...

What a beautiful card!

Jan Jones said...

I never get the time to do challenges:(

Love the card - colours are so nice. I would never have thought to put them together.
JJ
X

Dotty Jo said...

Great card Sara - just love the colours, green, red and brown are a yummy combo! Give Bess a cuddle from me, poorly pets get so sad! Jo x

Karen M said...

This is beautiful, Sara. These colours are so yummy together! Love it!
Kx

Hayley said...

Gorgeous card Sara
x

Yvonne said...

Oh this is stunning .. lvoe the colours, and the flower so pretty ..

Emily said...

Sara, what a beautiful Xmas card! Love the paper and the cute bells! Nicely done!

Krista said...

I really love your card Sara !

Sew This N That said...

oooohhhhh I love how you have used the polka stamp....what a wonderful idea!
Good luck at the fair, Sara, wish I could go...it would be great to say "Hi".
Glad to hear that Bess is feeling much better :0)
*hugs* Heather x

Alex said...

Beautiful card Sara, what a great idea to use the Polka Dot Punches stamp set and the 5 petal flower punch to make poinsettia flowers.
I might just have to case this idea ;)

Glad to hear that Bess is a lot better.

Bye for now,

Alex x

Unknown said...

loving what you have done with the flower Sarah.

I am sorry not been in a while and thank you so much for my award it's just darling, I love recieving them as it makes me feel vauled. Thank you for valuing my little blog & me your a sweet heart

Love Dawn xx

Teri said...

This is a beautiful card Sara! I adore your flowers :o) A lovely touch to add the little bells too!

Teri xx

p.s. so pleased to hear about Bess! Fingers crossed for her now :o) xx

Shelly Koskinen said...

This card is AWESOME!!!!!

Alison said...

Love those flowers, but my ABSOLUTELY fave part is the ribbon with the bells tied on - that is such a great idea, I think I'll have to do that on my xmas projects, too!

Good Luck with the craft fayre - your lurvely stuff will fly off your stall!

Leigh said...

This is a wonderful effective card. Love your poinsettia, fantastic.

kim.mom said...

Beautiful card! Love your colors!

Rel (NZ) said...

Another lovely card, great colors and love the wee bells, goes together so well. Very clever how you have made the poinsettia.