Sunday 30 August 2009

A man's birthday card using the SWU sketch challenge



Our Stamp With Us challenge this week is to use this sketch:


My DT sample was very quick and simple (is there any connection there with it being a man's card, LOL - ooh wash my mouth out). The watercolouring didn't even take very long to do because I wanted to keep to just a few colours to match my DSPs. The image is from the For Father set and I can't believe that it's taken me so long to get around to using it, it's just such a sweet expression on the dog's face.


Recipe
Stamp sets: For Father, One of a Kind
Cardstock: Really Rust, Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, Whisper White
DSP: Chocolate Chip, So Saffron
Ink: Black Stazon, Chocolate Chip, Watercolour Wonder Crayons

I used standard Whisper White cardstock for the watercolouring and used an aquapainter with the Watercolour Wonder Crayons. The key trick is to make sure that you don't get the card too wet, keep the water flow minimal and the card will stay smooth. 

I had intended to stamp the sentiment onto cardstock and put behind hodgepodge hardware but I had to run off and deal with an emergency so I simply stamped it direct to card. A shame about the hodgepodge (it's about time I used some of it) but it certainly helped keep the card quick.

Please check out the cards by the rest of the Design Team, as usual there's a huge variety even though we're all working from the same sketch. I look forward to viewing and commenting on all your challenge entries this week.

A big thank you for all the wonderful comments you keep leaving. I love reading them and really appreciate the personal messages. 

Hope you're enjoying your bank holiday weekend.

Sara xx



PS. Not sure whether anyone else is having technical problems? I can't get the Stamp With Us blog to load on my laptop this morning but it does load on my iPhone (strange). Hopefully it's just a glitch at my end and you don't have the same problem. I'll edit the post to show when I get it back. (Sunday 30 Aug, 10:18)

Think it's sorted. I cleared my cache and entered the blog address from scratch and that seems to have fixed it. (Sunday 30 Aug, 10:28)

3 comments:

margaret said...

lovely card Sara. I love the doggie stamp.xx

Kate Lewis said...

Just lovely Sara, love the simplicity of it - it works fabulously for a male card...and I just adore the look on the dog's face too! K xx

simplyfairies said...

I love this card, and that image is my fave on that set!!