Thursday 27 August 2009

My mother-in-law's first results with stamping


My in-laws came over to visit at the weekend (they come to visit Bess I think, more than us LOL). My MIL is always very interested in what I've been crafting (or else sweet enough to pretend) and I suggested that she have a little go herself. I know she likes the 3d items and so started her off with a mini pizza box (design from Splitcoaststampers) as they're not too difficult to make and still have a little space for decoration.

Here's my MIL's version:


Isn't it great! And her first go at stamping too.

Recipe
Stamp sets: Season of Joy
Cardstock: Old Olive, Very Vanilla
DSP: Ski Slope
Ink: Old Olive
Punches: Corner Rounder, 1" Circle
Non-SU: Nesties

Here's my version:


Recipe
Stamp sets: Season of Joy
Cardstock: Old Olive, Very Vanilla, Real Red
DSP: Ski Slope
Ink: Old Olive
Punches: Corner Rounder, 1" Circle
Narrow Grosgrain Ribbon: Real Red
Non-SU: Nesties, Bells

My version is the same recipe with a little Real Red thrown in for a splash of colour.

If you'd like an introduction to stamping or the chance to learn more advanced techniques, then please contact me at sarastamper123@gmail.com to book a workshop or a class.

I promise a break from the Christmas projects over the next few days - a couple of birthday cards coming up!

Thanks for stopping by.

Sara xx


9 comments:

Shivvy x said...

Wow your MIL did so well for her first attempt! It looks as if she is a pro!!

Your box is outstanding as usual honey!!!

xxx

Sue said...

Woohoo to MIL you have done an excellent job for a first timer at this. I love your box. Sara, as usual yours is gorgeous! TFS

Unknown said...

Great 1st try give Mil my complements

Love Dawn xx

Alison said...

Wow - what a great box, didn't she do well (sorry I sound like Brucie fro the generation game there !). No surprise that she did such a nice project with you there to help her though! And yours has those extra finishing touches that take it from great to gorgeous.

Thanks for the heads up re my blog colours - that's what happens when you start fiddling about with yer settings!
Alison x

Mandy said...

Just been catching up with all your lovely projects Sara! Love all your Christmas creations.

Mandy
x

Amber said...

Great job.

Leigh said...

Oh wow, wow, wow. Fabulous boxes and great that your MIL did so well.

simplyfairies said...

Oh well done MIL... Thats fabbi!!

I love these ickle boxes...

Rel (NZ) said...

Still love these colors together and love this stampset and wee box.