Friday 14 August 2009

A happy birthday to one of my Stampettes


Yesterday was JJ's birthday and this is the card I sent (I didn't want to put it on the blog until I knew she'd received it). Please drop by and see the lovely card she's posted today - it's gorgeous.

Jan - Glad you had a good birthday and hope the celebration continues over the next few days.

The layout I used was from Mojo Monday ... last week. How behind am I getting?

Recipe
Stamp sets: Bloomin' with Beauty, Sincere Salutations
Cardstock: Almost Amethyst, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White
DSP: Tea Party
Ink: Black Stazon, Regal Rose, Stampin' Write Markers
Taffeta Ribbon: Pretty in Pink
Punch: Corner Rounder
Other: Cuttlebug labels, Nesties

The bowl of hydrangeas was stamped with Stazon, coloured with markers and matted and layered. Taffeta ribbon was threaded through the sentiment label and then a smaller, separate  piece of ribbon was tied around in a bow just above the sentiment.

Have a great weekend.

Sara xx

7 comments:

Sew This N That said...

Beautiful card Sara, lovely colours.
*hugs* Heather x

Vikki said...

Sara,
This card is wonderful, it is a real "feel Good" card, the colouring is wonderful - I only wish I could colour like that!!!!!
Thanks for sharing
Vikki x x

Caroline said...

what a beautiful card Sara, I love the stamp and the colours - bet jan was thrilled with it - I never realised till I saw her post that her birthday's the day after mine lol

Hopefully will be able to catch up with you both at the next craft market or I'll have to try and make a class or two when hubby's home to look after the kids :-)

Caroline x

Alex said...

Beautiful card Sara, love the colours, image and sentiment with the ribbon go through it :)

Thanks for sharing.

Alex x

Unknown said...

Love what you have done with this Sara :-D

Unknown said...

As always a beautiful card Sarah

Love Dawn xx

simplyfairies said...

More gorgeousness....