Thursday 20 August 2009

I'm dreaming of a purple Christmas


I'm doing my best to make sure that Christmas doesn't creep up on me this year and that I get a few xmas cards made each month. Although I enjoy the traditional colours for some of my cards I really love using blues and purples as well.


Recipe
Stamp sets: Scandinavian Season, Best Yet
Cardstock: Almost Amethyst, Lovely Lilac, Whisper White
Ink: Versamark
Embossing Powders: Silver, White
Rhinestone Brads: Lilac
Stampin' Write Markers: Almost Amethyst
Punches: Scallop Oval, Large Oval
Other: Dazzling Diamonds
Non-SU: Nesties


The card blank was stamped with snowflakes and heat embossed with white powder for the background. The sentiment and tree were heat embossed with silver EP and a section of the tree picked out with markers. A separate section was picked out with Tombow adhesive and sprinkled with Dazzling Diamonds. I'm not sure that you can see the bling factor too well but I've tried to show different angles to pick it up.

I'm working on a few boxes and bags now to go with the card.

Sara xx

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooh gorgeous, I love blues & purples on Christmas cards & it works so well with this stamp set, love the bling factor too!

Jan x

Teri said...

Really pretty Sarah ... love how you've done the dazzling diamonds!

Teri xx

Yvonne said...

This is so pretty. Just love the colours you have used on this card.
Bling is what i like to see ..perfect

Zoe Tant said...

Love the colour combo and your layout is just lurvly! Zx

Hayley said...

WOW stunning card

PinksyDoodles said...

Beautiful card, I love how you have used this stamp set to make it.
Clare x

Alex said...

WOW Sara, this card is stunning! I'm loving the heat embossing especially.

Have a good weekend.

Alex x

simplyfairies said...

Very pretty indeedy Sara....

simplyfairies said...

P.S How is Bess??

Alison said...

That is such a gorgeous card - I love everything about it!

Jan Jones said...

Absolutely stunning!

Looks like I had better get my finger out!!!!
JJ
X
Ps. Thank you again for the award.