Tuesday 27 July 2010

A summer flower for the Mojo Monday challenge


Well I hope that those of you that have broken up for the summer holidays are having a relaxing time. I'm still at work unfortunately, so please spare me a thought when you're enjoying a little extra crafting time. At least I get a few weeks free of study, to squeeze in a little extra crafting of my own.

Today's card is for the Mojo Monday challenge. As it's the last Monday of the month we have a choice of round or square:

I opted for the square version:


Recipe
Stamp sets: A Flower for all Seasons, Occasional Greetings (sentiment)
Cardstock: Real Red, Cameo Coral, Summer Sun, Whisper White
Ink: Black Stazon, Real Red, Watercolor Wonder Crayons
DSP: Pink Flamingo
Wide Grosgrain Ribbon: Old Olive

I stamped the main image with Black Stazon and then used an aquapainter with the watercolor wonder crayons to paint it. The background and ribbons were adhered direct and the coloured image was popped up on dimensionals. I applied dimensionals to each end of the back of the sentiment and pushed the ends in a little when adhering it to the front of the card so that it bows out a little.

Thanks for stopping by.

Sara xx

1 comment:

Sew This N That said...

Great colours Sara, love the layout :)
*hugs* Heather x