Wednesday 28 July 2010

Shimmering snowflakes in shades of purple


I have my friend Alex to thank for today's card. She was asking on the ILWS forum which of the shimmer paints she should go for. Now my first thought was the champagne mist because I love the delicate golden sheen it gives but then I also use Platinum a lot because it's opaque and gives a great solid image with stamps ... but then I also like Frost White because I can blend it with my reinkers and create all sorts of new colours. So I really use all three but for different effects. Helpful, huh?

But I haven't really used Frost White on its own and so I figured I ought to give it a go and what better than with some shimmery winter snowflakes ... in July! Lol.


Recipe
Stamp set: Serene Snowflakes
Cardstock: Elegant Eggplant, Lovely Lilac
Ink: Elegant Eggplant, Versamark, Frost White Shimmer Paint
Other: White EP, Clear Rhinestone Brads

The largest snowflake from the Serene Snowflakes set was stamped in Elegant Eggplant ink in the centre of the Lovely Lilac square. Using the stamp-a-ma-jig for positioning I then used the next largest snowflake and stamped off in each corner, using Elegant Eggplant again. I painted the centre swirls of each flake with Frost White Shimmer Paint using an aqaupainter. If you catch the light in one direction you can see the swirls in dark ink below and then if you turn the card slightly, you just see solid white - a gorgeous effect. I stamped the large snowflake again in Versamark onto Elegant Eggplant card and heat embossed with White EP. This flake was cut out leaving a narrow margin and trimming off the corner arrows completely. The large centre cross was painted with the Shimmer Paint (as for the corner flakes) and left to dry. Medium clear rhinestone brads were added to the centres of each corner snowflake. This Lilac layer was popped up on dimensionals in the centre of the card front. A large clear rhinestone brad was added to the centre of the Elegant Eggplant large snowflake and then this layer was popped up on dimensionals, lined up over the top of the centre snowflake.

I think Frost White might just be my favourite ...

... (at least for today, lol).

Which is your favourite Shimmer Paint and why?

Sara xx

1 comment:

Loraine Arderne said...

Stunning, stunning card - have this stamp set now, just need to find time to play with it!