Friday 2 July 2010

Paper folding for the ILWS challenge


Yay - I think I've finally got my home broadband back, just in time for the weekend. It started to grind to a halt last Sunday and then wouldn't work at all for the last few days but the engineer's been out and I think it's been fixed. Thank goodness. I've spent the last week extending my lunch breaks and going straight to Meadowhall after work just to be able to hop onto the free wifi offered by certain shops. I'm so wired from all the caffeine, it's no wonder I've not been sleeping properly, lol. Fingers crossed it will be smooth sailing again from now.

Anyhow, my second challenge for In Love With Stamping this month is a technique challenge - this could be anything from simple paper pleating through to origami. As long as there are three or more folded edges, it counts!

I went with this fan fold which then ended up as a set of circles:


Recipe
Stamp set: Circle Circus
Textured Cardstock: Cameo Coral, Creamy Caramel
Plain Cardstock: Whisper White
Ink: Cameo Coral, Summer Sun
DSP: Pink Flamingo
Punches: Scallop Circle, 1-3/4" Circle, 1-1/4" Circle, 1" Circle, Large Oval, Corner Rounder
Other: Cream Half-back Pearls (Pretties Kit)

I started with 5" square card blank in Cameo Coral textured cardstock and matted Creamy Caramel textured cardstock direct to it. Following Karin's Folded Medallion Flower Tutorial here and I created my large flower with Pink Flamingo DSP cut to 6cm x 8cm. Four "fans" created the full circle. I stuck them together using tape and then added them to the card front using glue dots. A large vanilla halfback pearl finished this largest circle. Next I stamped and punched the various Circles and arranged a layout before punching out segments so that they fit together. As I don't have a punch that really fits my fan-fold circle I used the Large Oval to trim my punched shapes. The Summer Sun circles were adhered flat to the card front and then I added the Cameo Coral circles popped up on dimensionals. To create a further theme to the Cameo Coral circles, I added smaller vanilla halfback pearls to them with glue dots.

Am I tempting you to join my Summer Share yet? Details are at the top of the page.

Have a great weekend.

Sara xx


1 comment:

Laetitia said...

This card is really nice, and I like the 3d dimension with the folded flower. It reminds me of a japanese fan. The textured cardstock also adds depth to the card, and of course I love the colours (pink and brown).