Sunday 11 July 2010

A colouring class and a thank you card


Well I don't want to bore you (I'm plenty bored with it for both of us) but my broadband has gone again. Something obviously happens on a Saturday night/Sunday morning that sets our broadband profile back to something around dial up speed. If anyone else has had this problem and knows a fix then pleeease let me know and we'll try and explain it to the BT engineers when they next call around (they'll be going on my xmas card list soon, we're seeing that much of them). This is driving DH and me just crazy. I can't manage these days without an internet connection. I really think that BT should be funding all these extra trips to coffee houses that I'm having to make.

Enough of that now though.

Last weekend I attended a craft class. I love delivering classes and sharing tips and techniques with others but it was also great to sit back and soak up the knowledge of someone else for a couple of hours. This was a colouring class using alcohol based markers (Copics and Promarkers) given by the lovely Jo. I turned one of the images I made on the night into a thank you card for her and used the MojoMonday sketch as my layout:

Jo should have received the card by now so I think I'm safe to post it. We used a variety of stamps in the class that were all non-SU but I've still been able to combine with my SU stash to create the rest of the card:


Recipe
Stamp set: Circle of Friendship
Textured Cardstock: Green Galore, Real Red, Orchid Opulence
DSP: Kaleidoscope
Ink: Basic Grey, Orchid Opulence
Punches: 1" Circle, 1-1/4" Circle
Non-SU: White card, Nestabilities, Copics, Sugar Nellie stamp

I coloured the image with Copics and then the rest is matting and layering.

Well I hope your weekend is going better than mine. Enjoy the rest of it.

Sara xx

4 comments:

Sew This N That said...

Beautiful card Sara, you have coloured her in beautifully....I discovered copics a year ago and haven't looked back, I love them they are so wonderful to work with :0)
Sorry to hear about your internet problems...we used to get problems with bt now we are with sky and touch wood, we haven't had problems since.
*hugs* Heather x

Jan Jones said...

She looks lovely!!!

Been playing with mine too.
Jan
X

Victoria said...

gorgeous card Sara, I love that SU mixes so well with the stash I already have too. Makes making cards so much easier!
Hugs
Victoria
x

Jo Austin said...

I have indeedy got the card Sara.. just had a busy busy weekend with work! even still, I use 'work' in the loosest sense of the word.. lol.. sitting making cards and talking to people is perfick!

The card is absolutely beautiful. Thank you so much for the thoughtful message and card, and of course you can link to me.. I'll do the same. I need to get some SU links up on my blog.

Thank you again, you're a treasure!

Jo xx