Saturday 3 July 2010

July sketch challenge at In Love With Stamping


Our sketch challenge this month over at In Love With Stamping is this one:


I decided to create an image that I then split into segments and then because I'd placed my focus in the upped right corner I just flipped the sketch to put my square on the opposite side for balance:


Recipe
Stamp sets: Touch of Nature, Sincere Salutations (sentiment)
Cardstock: Certainly Celery, Old Olive, Whisper White, Summer Sun, Basic Black
Ink: Black Stazon, Old Olive, More Mustard, Pumpkin Pie
SU Markers: Summer Sun
Stampin'Pastels: Certainly Celery, Old Olive
Other: Flowers, Rhinestone Brads (Pretties Kit)

I started by stamping the butterfly in Black Stazon and coloured it with Summer Sun marker and then shaded with More Mustard and pumpkin Pie picked up with a blender pen. This allows you to control the intensity of the colour so that it isn't too strong if that's the effect you're after. I masked the butterfly by stamping it again onto a post-it, cutting it out and placing over the original. The fern was stamped around in Old Olive. This image was then cut into segments and each segment was chalked around the edges with Certainly Celery (towards the inner) and Old Olive (at the outside edge). A little Old Olive ink was then sponged around the edges and the segments were adhered direct to an Old Olive mat. Flowers from the Pretties Kit were secured to the mat with Rhinestone Brads, cutting them up to fit the segments and layout. The mat was then adhered to the Certainly Celery card blank. A sentiment was stamped onto Summer Sun card with Black Stazon and matted onto Basic Black card. This was popped up on dimensionals on the card front.

Thanks for stopping by.

Sara xx

1 comment:

Laetitia said...

It seems I haven't come and visit your blog for ages. There are so many lovely projects suddenly appearing. This card is really nice, and I love the summery look to it. The colours you chose for the butterfly are really nice too. Now I am thinking more and more about buying this set. I really adore the butterfly, it is so detailed.
I am moving out from Sheffield for Kent and I don't have any internet there yet, but I will contact you as soon as I will be able to as I need some goodies for my cards. I also need to post something like 10 projects on my blog, but I will need a broadband connection for that.
Enjoy your lovely and sunny Sunday, although for some reason very windy too.
Take care,
Laetitia xx