Monday 13 June 2011

More pix from Saturday's technique class


Saturday was our technique class and we were using the faux leather technique and the waterspot stamping technique. My previous post here shows the Father's Day wallet and the notelet card that we made.

And these are the other two cards that we squeezed in. Another male card using strips of faux leather (you can see the effect better in the pic at the top of the post) to frame the main image ...


And a more feminine card using more "shabby chic" butterflies (or are they moths) ...


Actually by the time we did the class I'd swapped out the Marina Mist for More Mustard which gives a much warmer feel to the finished card.

Everyone got great results. The waterspot stamping is never the same twice but we got some stunning butterflies. Just loved how they were all different.

Our next technique class on Saturday 9 July will be using the:
  • faux metal technique; and
  • the glitter window technique
More information about it soon (or email me if you can't wait).

Now that my exams are over I'm busy with a major overhaul of my blog. You'll see the results in a few weeks time hopefully but for now it's the same old, same old and it'll be back to the full card recipes and instructions for my next post.

Thanks for stopping by.

Sara xx

No comments: