Friday 17 June 2011

A gift certificate wallet and my belated birthday cards


At last night's workshop, my hostess used the gift certificate that a thoughtful family member bought from me, for her and it reminded me that I hadn't shared with you, the gift wallet I made to present it in.

I usually mention these gift certificates on my blog on the lead up to Christmas but they're available from me all year round if you want to drop a hint to friends and family. All they need to do is email me and let me know how much they want the certificate to be for and I'll arrange the rest.


Recipe
Stamp sets: Vintage Vogue, Something to Celebrate
Cardstock: Cajun Craze, Pumpkin Pie, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla
Ink: Cajun Craze, Pumpkin Pie, Early Espresso, Old Olive
Punches: Scallop Edge Border, 3/4" Circle, 1/2" Circle
3mm Taffeta Ribbon: Pumpkin Pie
Other: Neutrals Brads, Filigree Designer Brad
Non-SU: Velcro spot

The wallet base is Cajun Craze card. Using the Scallop Edge Border, a strip of Early Espresso was punched, folded and adhered behind the edge of the wallet flap. A shaped mat of Very Vanilla card was stamped with the leafy frond from the Vintage Vogue set in Old Olive ink and then matted onto Pumpkin Pie card, before adhering to the wallet flap. The large flower from the same set was stamped using the rock 'n' roll technique with Pumpkin Pie and Cajun Craze inks. This was then cut out and a 1/2" Circle punched from Cajun Craze card was secured to the centre with a Very Vanilla Brad before it was popped up on a dimensional on the wallet flap. A large Filigree Designer Brad was backed with a 3/4" Circle punched from Early Espresso card and a small piece of Pumpkin Pie 3mm Taffeta Ribbon was trapped in place behind it before securing the brad through the wallet flap. A velcro spot provided the closure and covered the back of the brad on the inside. Finally the sentiment from the Something to Celebrate set was stamped on the right lower corner of the wallet in Early Espresso ink.

And now a quick thank you to a couple for friends for their lovely belated birthday cards.

From Dawn ...


And from Emma! ...
(edited because I'd credited the wrong person - so sorry Emma I'm suffering from a bad head cold this week and my brain's obviously fried)


Thanks so much ladies, what a lovely surprise from each of you.

Have a great weekend all.

Sara xx


No comments: