Saturday 9 April 2011

The Scallop Envelope die - not just for envelopes


I've been travelling a lot this last week for work - the day job that is, not the fun one :-(

It meant long days, not getting back until late and feeling shattered so apologies for not blogging more regularly. OK, excuses over and on with the crafting.

Now I have to say that the Scallop Envelope wasn't my first choice of the new dies when I saw them all originally, but then I started to see the potential. And I'm converted. This is a real little workhorse of a die. I used it for the make and take at my recent hostess evening (I'll share that project soon) and I used it to make the little Mother's Day gift shown here.

The reason I'm sharing it now is that it will work so well as an Easter basket too.


Recipe
Cardstock: Rose Red
DSP: Sweet and Sour Specialty
Bigz Die: Scallop Envelope
Other: Flower Brads (Brights)

Four Scallop Envelopes were cut from Rose Red card. The main panel of each envelope was decorated with a piece of the Sweet and Sour Specialty DSP (this is easier to do before assembling. One side flap was cut away from each and discarded (to reduce the bulk when you assemble), then the side flap was adhered to the side of the next envelope and so on to adhere them all together into a square box. The bases all fold together to leave a small hole in the base less than 1cm square. A square of matching Rose Red card was adhered to the inside of the base to cover the hole. The perforated top edges were all folded forward over the DSP. A 1" strip of Rose Red card was cut from the length of an A4 sheet. A slightly narrower strip of the DSP was adhered to the centre of it and it was attached to the open box with Flower Brads to turn it into a basket. Each of the remaining folded over flaps were secured down over the DSP with a dimensional.

And here it is filled with large choccies:


Hope you like it and have a great weekend.

Sara xx

No comments: