Wednesday 13 April 2011

Glossy paintwork for a red motorcycle


I'm making the most of our fantastic new masculine images for my card today. If you're like me then masculine cards can be a bit of a challenge but I just love the new stamps we've got in the Mini Catalogue - they make it so easy.

The motorcycle works pretty well on it's own but I figured on another use for the border stamp in another great masculine set, the Plane and Simple:

Can you spot it at the bottom of my card? Details below:


Recipe
Stamp sets: Motorcycle, Plane and Simple
Cardstock: Real Red, Basic Black, Whisper White
Ink: Black Stazon, Basic Black, Real Red
Punches: 1-1/4" Square, 1-3/8" Square
Other: Crystal Effects

The card blank is an A6 landscape of Real Red. Selectively inking the square dots border from the Plane and Simple set with Basic Black ink the image was repeat stamped across the lower portion of the card. Using the Stamp-a-ma-jig to get it just right I then turned the stamp the other way up and repeat stamped again to create the "tyre tread". The main image was stamped using Black Stazon onto Whisper White card. A Real Red marker was used to colour the paintwork and then Crystal Effects applied over the top to give the glossy effect (easier to see in the top photo). This was matted onto Basic Black card and popped up on dimensionals on the card front, overlapping the tyre tread. The sentiment from the Plane and Simple set was selectively inked with Basic Black and stamped onto Whisper White card, spreading it across two lines instead of a single one. This was then punched out with the 1-1/4" Square and matted onto a 1-3/8" Square of Basic Black before popping up on dimensionals overlapping the main image as shown.

Thanks for stopping by.

Sara xx

4 comments:

Aileen said...

That's a great idea with the tyre track. x

Elizabeth said...

Hi Sara - how creative to make the tyre tread! Wonderful idea. Is that you on the video on Monica's blog? I thought I saw you in there somewhere. :)

Yvonne said...

I have to say I was tempted by these two set.. but went for the four frames and punch and some other goodies out of the mini book.
But I think I will have to get them .. or the dies, or the whole book, lol

Do love your idea on the tread.. how fab.. love this card and the way you have made the "paint" work shine!

margaret said...

Hi Sara I am finally back crafting. I love this card the colour is so vibrant. xx
Margaret